Overlooking Lake Como and occupying the site of a former medieval watchtower, the Villa commands one of the finest views in Europe. The liberty style villa, built in 1909, has been fully restored to exceptional standards, offering 1,231 sqm of living space.
This includes: 8 double bedrooms (6 ensuite); drawing room; living room; dining room; kitchen; study; media room, bar; 2 roof terraces, yoga/wellness room; pool house and entertainment area.
At 881 metres above the lake and with no immediate neighbours, the villa is an oasis of calm. Yet the pretty perched mountain village of Pigra is only 300 metres away and the popular lakeside village of Argegno can be reached within 4 minutes from the cable car station located 500 metres from the villa gates.
Pigra has a couple of restaurants and is a perfect base for hiking and mountain biking. Argegno provides a wide range of restaurants, our own private boat mooring and a scheduled river taxi service, ideal for exploring all that Lake Como has to offer
The views from south facing Villa are truly stunning – a combination of wide blue lake and green mountain vistas, rounded off with glorious golden sunsets. These can be enjoyed from the balconies off every bedroom, the villa’s main surround terrace and the extraordinary pool house with its green roof and infinity pool. Also making the most of this aspect are an exceptional yoga/wellness room that has been carved out of the cliff face and the roof top terraces, bar and entertainment area.
The villa sits in lush gardens of 4.5 acres offering the peace and tranquillity that is so difficult to find on Lake Como.
Villa is located just 75 minutes drive from Milan Malpensa International Airport and 60 minutes from Lugano International Airport.
Villa comfortably sleeps 14 people although additional children’s beds are also available. All the bedroom suites are designed in a contemporary and stylish manner in keeping with the villa’s elegant features. An elevator links the 3 main floors and the caretakers apartment and laundry in the basement.
1st Floor (3 double bedrooms)
The large south facing Lombardy Suite enjoys a balcony and a terrace, both overlooking the lake. A dressing room and modern bathroom complete the ensemble.
The Tuscany Suite also faces the lake and is joined to the East facing Veneto Suite by a large shared bathroom. Both suites have balconies enjoying lake views.
The West facing Liguria Suite also has a balcony to enjoy the mountain views and the sunsets. The large bathroom is a lovely space to unwind before dinner.
2nd Floor (4 double bedrooms)
This floor mirrors exactly the layout of the first floor, including the balconies and terraces. The large Piedmont Suite enjoys a southern aspect over the lake.
The Umbria Suite also looks south and shares a large bathroom with the Abruzzo Suite which looks East.
The Apulia Suite enjoys the mountain views to the north.
This extraordinary open space provides a number of different entertainment areas.
There are 2 large seating areas for enjoying the various entertainment possibilities (TV, projector, music system and board games). Additionally, there is a pool table, kitchenette and w.c. Two roof terraces providing glorious views over the lake are accessed from this floor. One of these also features an attractive island bar and raised viewing platform. The perfect place for enjoying a day’s end sundowner.
There is a final double bedroom, the Liberty Suite, with en-suite at the tallest point of the house. Accessed from the 3rd floor, the Liberty Suite enjoys wonderful light and stunning views from huge double windows on 2 sides.
Facilities & Services
There is an attractive dining room within the villa and alfresco dining under a pergola on the huge terrace overlooking the lake. A short walk from the villa one finds the 22 meters long heated infinity pool with Jacuzzi attached, providing picture perfect 360 degrees views over the lake. There is also a well-appointed pool house which, with all the full-length windows folded away, seems to float over the pool. It has a kitchen, island bar and comfortable seating area.
As well as numerous sunbathing spots around the pool and on the pool house “green” roof, there are 2 additional alfresco dining locations, taking advantage of the proximity of the pool house kitchen. There is also a changing room and toilet carved into the rock-face.
Also carved out of the rock-face is a quite stunning yoga/wellness facility.
This large room with inspiring views down the lake can easily accommodate 8 yoga practitioners side by side and also includes an area for gym equipment from Technogym. This includes the Kinesis cable weight training system, a rowing machine, an exercise bike, dumbbells, stretch bands and exercise balls. This room also benefits from an ensuite toilet, steam room and shower.
Other Important Stuff
The villa enjoys rapid wi-fi, English satellite television channels, Sonos audio systems, children’s electronic games (PS4 and the Wii) and a wide selection of board games.
Getting out on the Lake
The villa has its own luxury boat moored at the bottom of the funicular in Argegno. The local ferries are very congested in summer and run to a strict timetable. Accordingly, having your own boat allows you to travel in comfort, to your own timetable and directly to where you want to go. This is particularly useful when wishing to access some of the lovely lakeside restaurants.
An Axopar 28 Brabus boat offers both speed and comfort and so is a perfect boat for water sports or simply enjoying an afternoon relaxing on the lake. Tomas is a qualified boat captain and will be happy to be your skipper. Sunscreen, a picnic hamper and a few bottles of something bubbly is all you need.
Number of Bedrooms: 9
Maximum Number of Guests: 14 (capacity for additional children on request)
Number of Bathrooms: 11 (10 in the villa, 1 in the pool house)
Air Conditioning: Dyson air conditioning fans in all bedrooms (they can be easily shifted to the other rooms/ common areas when required)
• Yoga Room/Gym: Includes gym equipment, steam room and shower facilities
• Pool: Heated pool and jacuzzi. Children need to be under parent’s supervision
• Pool House: Includes kitchen, dining area, bathroom and TV
• Three Kitchens: Ground floor, top floor and pool house
• Roof Top Bar
• Pool table
• Three TV’s: Each with apple TV and satellite channels
• Children Facilities: Pool toys, board games, Nintendo system, outdoor play area
• Private Playground: including a treehouse, trampoline, Tibetan bridges, zip line, slide. Children must be under parent’s supervision
• Outdoor Dining: Large terrace for Al Fresco dining
• 6 Mountain Bikes for adults
• Boat (Axopar 28) – Moored at Argegno. Cost for the use of the boat is €500 for a half day, €800 for a full day. This includes a private boat with captain and petrol. Max 9 people.
Services included within rental price:
• Villa Manager: 6 days a week; 8 hours a day (9am-1 pm; 4-8 pm). This time schedule is flexible depending on the guest’s schedules
• Housekeeping Staff (2 personnel) – 8 hours a day (8 am- 12 pm; 5-9 pm), 6 days a week. If guests wish to utilise the staff for extra hours or to have additional staff this will be at their cost and it will be Euro 15/ hour to be paid by cash by the guest during their stay. The Villa Manager will manage this directly with guests if required
• Chef & assistant: 6 days a week; this includes the preparation of 3 meals per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Food and beverage costs to be paid separately from guests (See Food & beverages deposit & Meals condition). If the chef is required for one extra day ( 7 days a week) this will be an extra cost of 700 euro and it must be confirmed at the time of booking
• Welcome drink and snack at arrival including: selection of Italian pizza and focaccia bites, local salami, crackers and cheese platters, fresh seasonal fruit, little traditional pastries; prosecco and non-alcoholic drinks
• Bedroom and Bathroom linen changes every 3 days. For any additional linen change required there will be an extra cost of Euro 150 (for the changes of all the bedrooms and bathrooms)
• Utilities (including pool heating too).